Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Torontoist introduced the internet to a video of a pigeon riding the subway, just like a human! The internet took it from there.
- Chicagoist looked at the case of a student suspended from school for creating a Facebook page criticizing one of his teachers.
- Gothamist finally learned the Governor Paterson bombshell, and the possible scandal prompted Paterson to drop his run for governor. Still, many want him to resign.
- SFist chuckled with nerdy glee after UC Berkeley started its own Quidditch league.
- Seattlest brushed up on the story of native son Kurt Cobain with Charles R. Cross' Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain.
- DCist reported on a ruling against opponents of same sex marriage.
- LAist stumbled deep into a controversy by reporting that animal rights activists were threatening to protest at a UCLA researcher's child's school.
- Londonist pondered the significance of the Borg-like design for the new US Embassy building. Is the defensive design more or less worthy than the runners-up?
- Austinist noted that Facebook will open an office in the neighborhood.
- Phillyist started a debate about the circus, just by going there.