Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
Photo by Flickr user
- Londonist explored an eerily deserted London on Christmas morning.
- Gothamist was shocked at allegations that two EMTs refused to help a dying pregnant woman, by claiming they were only dispatchers.
- Torontoist wrote about a cute video that should hit home for any other ist-a-verse city with a subway system.
- Seattlest wrote a Guide to Holiday Air Travel.
- DCist was amused when a certain "Barry from D.C.", a.k.a. the President of the United States, called in to a local news radio station to give his best wishes to outgoing Va. Gov. Tim Kaine.
- Bostonist had a snow day.
- Chicagoist took note, with the Bears mired in an awful season, of some fans who have taken action by buying a billboard demanding the firing of head coach Lovie Smith.
- Shanghaiist has been taking a break, but we've gotten all our friends (journalists, Asia consultants and other peoples of importance) to round up the best and worst things to happen here this year/decade.
- SFist wasn't shocked when the 49ers fumbled any and all chances at making the playoffs.
- LAist, deep in a typical SoCal winter, got excited about fresh-made Danish-style ice cream being served up in the 'burbs.
- Phillyist had to let go of some excess pop culture baggage as they prepared to enter a new decade.