Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
Photo by Flickr user
- Londonist explored an eerily deserted London on Christmas morning.
- Gothamist was shocked at allegations that two EMTs refused to help a dying pregnant woman, by claiming they were only dispatchers.
- Torontoist wrote about a cute video that should hit home for any other ist-a-verse city with a subway system.
- Seattlest wrote a Guide to Holiday Air Travel.
- DCist was amused when a certain "Barry from D.C.", a.k.a. the President of the United States, called in to a local news radio station to give his best wishes to outgoing Va. Gov. Tim Kaine.
- Bostonist had a snow day.
- Chicagoist took note, with the Bears mired in an awful season, of some fans who have taken action by buying a billboard demanding the firing of head coach Lovie Smith.
- Shanghaiist has been taking a break, but we've gotten all our friends (journalists, Asia consultants and other peoples of importance) to round up the best and worst things to happen here this year/decade.
- SFist wasn't shocked when the 49ers fumbled any and all chances at making the playoffs.
- LAist, deep in a typical SoCal winter, got excited about fresh-made Danish-style ice cream being served up in the 'burbs.
- Phillyist had to let go of some excess pop culture baggage as they prepared to enter a new decade.