Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
Photo by Ross Currie via Phillyist
- Phillyist headed down the shore for the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, where they got to hang out with Ted Allen and Guy Fieri.
- DCist revisited the saga of Molly, the stolen and ultimately returned local dog, when aggressive animal rights group PETA decided to speak up on the issue of leaving your pets tied up alone on the sidewalk.
- Gothamist was stunned when a sightseeing helicopter crashed with a small plane over the Hudson River yesterday, presumably killing all nine passengers.
- Torontoist collected some 7,500 photos of the same garbage and recycling bins—one shot every ten minutes during their city's massive month-long strike—into a totally neat timelapse video.
- LAist wondered if the city's infamously posh Westside 'hood of Brentwood was inherently douchey, thanks to an anonymous Craigslist rant.