Week Around The Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Chicagoist geared up for Lollpalooza.
- While excited by the notion of a faster Amtrak line to Portland, we were also greatly concerned by the recent spate of deadly hit and run incidents involving motorists and bicyclists. The local zoo’s Bear Cam helped to distract us.
- Shanghaiist celebrated Chinese Valentine’s Day.
- Bostonist is not afraid of the stock market plunge or the debt-induced credit downgrade one bit because Senator Scott Brown is in Massachusetts and he brought his bike with him. Oh, and Jacoby Ellsbury is a beast in August.
- DCist took a brief break from a radio nostalgia trip to learn that Washington’s leaders circa 1961 believed that sidewalk cafes would lead to the crumbling of modern civilization as they knew it -- including people getting punched in the nose, probably by a prostitute.
- Gothamist found a cab driver who was really unhappy about driving in Brooklyn. Really unhappy.
- SFist was watching Intervention and found a San Francisco mom, son and public toilet featured.
- Austinist is shocked—SHOCKED—that Governor Rick Perry, a potential 2012 contender, has a crappy 10th amendment stance.
- We tucked all our groceries into a canvas tote as the Long Beach plastic bag ban went into effect.