Extra, Extra: The History Of How LAX's Theme Building Became An L.A. Landmark
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- There's a Gremlins 3 in the works, and the lead actor from the first two says there's probably a good chance he'll be in this one.
- It's not just Americans who get all crazy over Black Friday sales—Europeans are flying out to the United States to get a piece of the action, too.
- Here's a look back at how the Theme Building at LAX became one of our city's most iconic structures.
- Jared Leto may have ticked off his Laurel Canyon neighbors when he threw a rager last month, but maybe they'll forgive him now after receiving his gift of pumpkin pies.
- L.A.'s very first hotel, the Bella Union, may not have been all that ritzy, but it sure was popular.
- For the 1 percent who are also afraid of an apocalypse, may we suggest this $17.5 million luxury, underground bunker to live in?
- This feisty 102-year-old woman's still got it. She played ball with her family, including her two great-grandsons who just also happen to be MLB players. The video is great.
- And finally, here's a gorilla teaching a toddler the middle finger.