Sunset Strip Half-Marathon Info And Street Closures
The rock 'n roll-themed Sunset Strip half-marathon is happening this Sunday, meaning we're going to have a few street closures. This Sunday from 6:30 a.m. until 2 p.m., the streets listed below will be closed, CBS LA reports. That means you can't drive on them or park on them, so be sure to move your cars to avoid getting towed!
- Sunset Blvd. between North Havenhurst Drive and Dohenry Drive.
- North San Vincente Blvd. between Sunset and Beverly Boulevards.
- Santa Monica Blvd. between Robertson and La Brea Avenue.
- Melrose Ave. between Robertson and La Brea Avenue.
- Beverly Blvd. between La Cienega and Doheny.
- La Cienega Blvd. between Melrose and Beverly.
You can see a map here.
The race begins at 7 a.m. Local bands will be performing along the course including Black Heart Throbs, Name the Band, Rocket, Watch for Horses, Flight of Fire and Flights Over Phoenix.
Those wishing to attend the can park at The Pacific Design Center for $10, though streets leading to the PDC will close at about 6:15 a.m. You can also park at the Beverly Center.
More information about the marathon is available here.