This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The price of gas dropped for the 14th consecutive day in a row.
- NASA is trying to determine whether a moon rock being sold by a woman in Lake Elsinore is real.
- Rick Caruso is ditching the idea of a mall next to the Santa Anita racetrack.
- The gang member who tattooed the scene of a crime he committed onto his chest has been sentenced to 65 years to life in prison.
- UCLA has opened a new infectious disease lab.
- Ten people have been arrested in a cocaine ring between Aspen and LA.
- Two homes in Buena Park will be the focus of ghost hunters this weekend.