This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Equinox, starting off 2010 by celebrating its members.
- Mandolin Concerto, this Saturday and Sunday at the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra.
- Coachella, with headlining performances by Jay-Z, Muse, the Gorillaz and many, many more. Tickets on sale now!
- American Apparel, with 8 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.