This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Bordeaux Wines. Bring Magic to any Table.
- Johnnie Walker Double Black. Calling it "smokier" doesn't do it justice.
- LA Metro. More late night trains, more often. Find out when your bus is coming with Nextrip.
- Renegade Craft Fair. December 10 & 11 at Los Angeles State Park.
- Singapore Airlines. All-in fares at exceptional values.
- Miramonte Resort & Spa. Join us in the desert for holiday magic and memories for the whole family!
- Pacific Standard Time at the Getty. See how the LA art world came to life from 1945-1980.
- Google Offers. Get amazing deals at the best places to eat, shop, and play.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.