This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Elektra Luxx, a comedy about a retired adult film star trying to live life as a functional adult.
- RadioLab, adding a 2nd performance to their sold out Radiolab Live: Symmetry show at Royce Hall. Thur, Mar 24. Tickets available now!
- Fresh Air Dining LA. Smoking is no longer allowed in outdoor dining areas in the city of LA.
- Coachella will be here before you know it. Enjoy the ride, and take the shuttle to the festival.
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.