Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.

News

Teen Survives Electrocution By Faulty Swimming Pool Light

swimming-pool-clipart-150x.jpg
Before you read more...
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your tax-deductible financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.

A 15-year-old girl taking a swim Saturday in the family's pool ended up in the hospital when she received a near-fatal shock from a faulty underwater light.

The teen was "swimming in the pool’s deep end when her limbs suddenly went numb," say authorities in Garden Grove, according to L.A. Now.

The girl's sister went in after her, and reports also feeling a shock in the water.

The teen was pulled out unconscious and without a pulse. She was revived and taken to UCI Medical Center, and is thankfully expected to fully recover.