Extra, Extra: SoCal Edison Admits They Screwed Up Over Long Beach's Power Outages
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- These 15 male actors give their thoughts on whether or not they're feminists.
- If you're craving some Richard Linklater, his latest feature, Everybody Wants Some, will be premiering at SXSW next year.
- A reporter mixed up Star Wars' Rebel Alliance firebird logo as...an al-Qaeda symbol. Facepalm.
- Universal Studios Hollywood is prepping for the opening of its new Harry Potter attraction, but that also comes with pricier annual passes.
- Remember those crazy Long Beach power outages over the summer? Well, SoCal Edison admitted it was because of mismanagement, not a malfunctioning power system.
- Gawker is shifting its coverage on everything New York and media to mostly politics—and there were some surprising layoffs in the process.
- Surprise, surprise: Bobby Jindal has dropped out of the presidential race.
- While we weren't huge fans of True Detective Season 2, Nic Pizzolatto is still on the up and up. He just signed a deal with HBO through to 2018, with projects that may include future seasons of True Detective.
- During The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 premiere in Los Angeles, stars wore mockingjay pins that had blue, white and red ribbons in solidarity with France.
- Here's a nifty architectural walking tour of the historic West Adams Boulevard.
- And finally, here's an unlikely interspecies friendship between a fox and a German Shepherd:
Check out this unexpected friendship!
Posted by The German Shepherd on Saturday, November 14, 2015