Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.

News

Shakespeare and Doughnuts

Before you read more...
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.

Knowing that the plays of Shakespeare and the hit television show "The Simpsons" are two pieces of superior entertainment that have been running longer than their counterparts, LAist couldn't help but get excited when we heard about the unique entertainment experience called "MacHomer."

Performed by Rick Miller (the reincarnation of Rich Little even though he's not technically dead yet), "MacHomer" is Miller's "one man vocal spectacular that features over 50 voices from TV's "The Simpsons" in a hilarious performance of Shakespeare's "Macbeth."

That's right. Homer Simpson and the clan, obsessing over backstabbing relatives, torrid love affairs and doughnuts. The show itself sticks to Shakespeare's play about 85% of the time, whereas the remaining 15% allow for your favorite Springfield characters to make their own observations via their own voices, amazingly performed by Miller.

Support for LAist comes from

The show has been so successful that shows are already beginning to sell out for performances starting in 2005. The next Los Angeles performance takes place on January 29th at Pepperdine University in Malibu. You can buy tickets online or call (310) 506-4556 to order them by phone.

To hear the wonder that is 50 Simpsons voices being done by someone other than our lovely friends at FOX, check out MacHomer for yourself.