This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Vacant Sears In Hollywood Is Getting A Second Life
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- That vacant Sears building in East Hollywood is getting a second life. New developers plan on renovating the space and transforming it into a mixed-use complex with apartments and retail.
- Get ready for some cute aggression. There's a pig who wears a tiny hat and is best friends with two dogs, and they all need a home together.
- This study may surprise you on how often happy couples have sex.
- Here's the harsh truth about tormenting your cat with a cucumber.
- Someone stole a car in Glendale that just so happened to have a 300-year-old cello—a family heirloom—in the trunk.
- A Modern Family actor penned a post on how he we underwent cosmetic surgery for his body dysmorphia...and now regrets it.
- A police officer was fired after jumping on stage at a death metal concert in uniform and singing "Let the Killing Begin" with the band.
- The owner of venues like El Cid and Club Los Globos talked to KPCC about how he plans to deal with venue security following the Paris attacks.
- And finally, here's heartthrob Joseph Gordon-Levitt performing Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation" for Lip Sync Battle. It's glorious: