This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Chill Out
- It's friggin hot and you don't have A/C - here's a few ways to keep it cool.
- Some mannequin's have nipples and that's not okay with grandmothers. A mannequin in the window at Tilly's in Huntington beach left one grandmother "outraged" by the obvious areola. Tilly's was quick to apologize and give her a 20% off-one-item coupon.
- if you got picked on in high school and want to get even at your high school reunion, you might want to follow the lead of Andrea Wachner from Palos Verdes. Wachner hired a stripper to go to her 10 year reunion in her place who explained to everyone that she suffered from amnesia, got plastic surgery and is now a stripper. All the while, Wachner is in the other room feeding her muse lines and filming classmates reactions for a documentary.
- The bank bailout was supposed to encourage banks to lend us more money, but in March, they gave out even less loans than they did in February. Turns out, some banks won't even lend to themselves to finish construction projects.
- Anyone on the 605 last night see a car going the wrong way in the carpool lane? LA Observed has direct reporting from the "without-incident" scene.
- Let's take a break from the news of the world and, just for fun, check out some funny street signs from The Infrastructurist.
- Police need your help finding who stabbed a Pasadena man last night. The unidentified man was able to stumble to a passerby and get to the hospital by paramedic, but later died from his injuries.