Extra, Extra: Cheap Eats on Expensive Streets
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- There's some things that is just pure music to anyone's ears, and this is one of them - $1 sushi & $1 drinks at Lucky Fish in Beverly Hills all day today. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!
- AOL has never been known for hard-nosed reporting, but they will be now. New Editor, Melinda Henneberger of Slate, and formerly of the New York Times and Newsweek says the goal is "quality news sites that have zero aggregation, original content, that pay writers a living wage, and that pay bloggers."
- Police aren't releasing video tape of Police shooting and killing Leroy Barnes citing "it is not part of an ongoing investigation." The day of the shooting, it was said that Barnes fired first, but the following day, some said Barnes never shot at Police.
- Tom Sizemore was arrested today on grand theft charges for lifting some phones and other items from a Verizon store. Although his Attorney says "innocent until proven guilty," the security camera never lies.
- The Museum of Latin American Art has a new President and Chief Executive Officer, and he knows what he's doing. put it this way: Richard P. Townsend, a museum official from Miami was named to the position and had the following to say - "I will provide the day-to-day management, the artistic vision that informs everything that the institution does; and then I will seek to provide the resources."
- How about a Stimulus package for the bus riders? Fares have increased, services have gotten cut, and buses are overcrowded. Something's gotta change.
- Two local Gas Company workers were shot down. One in the company parking lot, one outsitde their home. Police have a suspect.