Extra, Extra: Roll Out the Red Carpet
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Knock, Knock SoCal - it's me, Barack. Barack Obama is making a trip to our area next Wednesday to discuss (what else) the economy. Will you camp out and wait for B.H.O.?
- Have you seen this man? He is one of the suspects in a botched abduction that took place in Redondo Beach in January.
- Quick, you're locked in a car trunk, what do you do? Only proper thieves and Italians probably know how to escape, but you can now possess this knowledge along with a slew of other helpful survival tips. LA's beloved, Neil Strauss, is at it again with his new book, Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life.
- You'll break your plans tonight to enjoy the The 99 Things You Should Have Already Experienced On The Internet Unless You’re a Loser or Old or Something, brought to you by Green LA Girl.
- Stroh's on Abbott Kinney is back to serving up their breakfast greatness. They're back in business from 8am-12noon at Glencrest/Abbot Kinney in Venice.
- It's official, not drinking is bad for you. Cheers!
- There was a crazy car chase early this am in Downtown LA which left the driver dead. He began by repeatedly ramming into a parked car where two people were sleeping, then when cops arrived the SUV started ramming their cars while trying to run over pedestrians. Sounds like someone wanted to live inside the game Grand Theft Auto.
- Looks like LA is looking into bike sharing (again). Some see this as a huge waste of time and money where bikes would get stolen/vandalized/peed on. Will this really work in our city?
- A teen was stabbed today in Anaheim after he and a friend left their alternative-education site. Police are investigating if this is gang related.