LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Robin Williams needs heart surgery. Not funny
- All you folks who want, but can't justify purchasing Amazon's Kindle2, just go buy an iPhone or iPod Touch. Amazon opened their e-book libraries to the devices.
- When Congresswoman Diane Watson (a UCLA Alum) made a resolution to honor USC's football team for its 2008 season, things got a little... heated.
- Girl Scout Cookies aren't just made for snacking. James Woodfork, the chef at The Clubhouse, at OC's South Coast Plaza ,and a team of local culinary students have turned the classic cookies into delectable desserts.
- Did you see the Proposition 8 debate or were you blacked out like LA Snark?
- Responding to the Sheraton LAX to rescue people in two stuck elevators, Los Angeles Fire Department officials noticed smoke coming from an underground parking structure. What they found was a blown transformer that caused a power outage leaving three people stuck in one elevator and another person in a second elevator, who was still stuck for a longer period of time, but rescued soon after. No one was injured.
- Curbed LA says one way to gauge the safety of your neighborhood is by the graffiti.
- A two car crash left one motorist hospitalized today with serious injuries. The wreck happened on South Hacienda Boulevard, which were shut down for a while around 3 a.m.