Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- WeHo residents, a heads up on upcoming power outages & road closures.
- If we build it, they will come, I tells ya. The City of Industry unanimously passed a ballot proposing the building of the new football stadium. What recession???
- LA Metblogs asks us, "Can We Learn From New York?," and their plan on transforming Broadway in Midtown to a more pedestrian friendly area? Which area in LA do you think needs to be strictly pedestrian?
- A Glendale man who was falsely imprisoned for 8 months for a murder he didn't commit was awarded $1.25 million yesterday. The Detectives on the 2005 case ignored his alibi (which would've proven his innocence) and now they're both liable for $150,000 in punitive damages. Ouch!
- Today, between 6:00 and 6:30 pm, the Santa Monica Police Department's telephone system will undergo maintenance. As a result, the non-emergency number to the Communications Center (310) 458-8491, will be unavailable for a brief period of time. During this time, the public may call the Police Department Frond Desk at (310) 458-8495 for all non-emergency matters. (via City of SMPD Press Release)
- Ryan Carradus, 34, of Oceanside who just got caught red handed with stealing "large quantities" of oxycontin, hydrocodone and diazepam, may be linked to a Viagra heist in December. The telling sign was the similar hole cut into the ceiling of the pharmacy.
- Want to win tix to the LA Chamber Orchestra's Exploration of Words? Click on over here and give us a one sentence poem and you're entered!