LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- WeHo residents, a heads up on upcoming power outages & road closures.
- If we build it, they will come, I tells ya. The City of Industry unanimously passed a ballot proposing the building of the new football stadium. What recession???
- LA Metblogs asks us, "Can We Learn From New York?," and their plan on transforming Broadway in Midtown to a more pedestrian friendly area? Which area in LA do you think needs to be strictly pedestrian?
- A Glendale man who was falsely imprisoned for 8 months for a murder he didn't commit was awarded $1.25 million yesterday. The Detectives on the 2005 case ignored his alibi (which would've proven his innocence) and now they're both liable for $150,000 in punitive damages. Ouch!
- Today, between 6:00 and 6:30 pm, the Santa Monica Police Department's telephone system will undergo maintenance. As a result, the non-emergency number to the Communications Center (310) 458-8491, will be unavailable for a brief period of time. During this time, the public may call the Police Department Frond Desk at (310) 458-8495 for all non-emergency matters. (via City of SMPD Press Release)
- Ryan Carradus, 34, of Oceanside who just got caught red handed with stealing "large quantities" of oxycontin, hydrocodone and diazepam, may be linked to a Viagra heist in December. The telling sign was the similar hole cut into the ceiling of the pharmacy.
- Want to win tix to the LA Chamber Orchestra's Exploration of Words? Click on over here and give us a one sentence poem and you're entered!