Extra, Extra: Free Fat Tuesday
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- It's Fat Tuesday! Get FAT for Free. Free pancakes today at IHOP until 10 pm and Free tacos at Jack in the Box until Midnight.
- The Hills star Audrina Patridge had her house broken into last night and released the surveillance video. Any tips call (213) 972-2971. I'm sure they haven't gotten any prank calls...
- A small 240 home neighborhood in Van Nuys was declared a national historic district yesterday. Their "11-year effort to prevent developers from supplanting their treasured neighborhood with mega-sized homes" solidifies that their rose bushes, bird baths and white picket fences will stand for decades to come.
- Most people wouldn't reach over a California or French wine for a nice Mexican bottle, but you might want to after hearing NPR's segment on south of the border wine.
- Does a home's appearance on HGTV's Design on a Dime make it worth it's primo price tag? Curbed LA wants your opinion.
- A semitrailer truck injured 5 people this morning at the intersection of Crenshaw and Palos Verdes Drive North. A witness said the brakes were smoking just before the crash, indicating that the driver may have lost his brakes
- After being interviewed overnight, a Riverside woman was arrested in the death of her 17-month-old baby. Obvious signs of murder were "the blow to the head and a puncture wound to his abdomen."