Extra, Extra: Free Fat Tuesday
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- It's Fat Tuesday! Get FAT for Free. Free pancakes today at IHOP until 10 pm and Free tacos at Jack in the Box until Midnight.
- The Hills star Audrina Patridge had her house broken into last night and released the surveillance video. Any tips call (213) 972-2971. I'm sure they haven't gotten any prank calls...
- A small 240 home neighborhood in Van Nuys was declared a national historic district yesterday. Their "11-year effort to prevent developers from supplanting their treasured neighborhood with mega-sized homes" solidifies that their rose bushes, bird baths and white picket fences will stand for decades to come.
- Most people wouldn't reach over a California or French wine for a nice Mexican bottle, but you might want to after hearing NPR's segment on south of the border wine.
- Does a home's appearance on HGTV's Design on a Dime make it worth it's primo price tag? Curbed LA wants your opinion.
- A semitrailer truck injured 5 people this morning at the intersection of Crenshaw and Palos Verdes Drive North. A witness said the brakes were smoking just before the crash, indicating that the driver may have lost his brakes
- After being interviewed overnight, a Riverside woman was arrested in the death of her 17-month-old baby. Obvious signs of murder were "the blow to the head and a puncture wound to his abdomen."