Extra, Extra: $1 = 5 Fish Tacos
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- More taco talk. Wahoo's turns 20 on Sunday. If you want some $.20 tacos, show up at the Costa Mesa location between 10am - 3 pm, meet Ryan Sheckler, and celebrate cheap, great tacos!
- In "Laughable" News - Octo Mom is shopping for a $1.25 million house.
- LA Metblogs might be onto something with - "Is LA closer to an NFL team than we think?"
- New airline at LAX, Allegiant Air. The affordable airline will run between LAX and 12 other stops by the end of May.
- You could get a maximum $4,800 tax credit if you made less that $42,000 last year. Even if you made $60,000 or so, you may still be eligible if you are one of the masses that lost their jobs.
- The SWAT team set up at the 800 block of West Imperial Highway at about 6:30 a.m this morning at a home where 3 robbery suspects were holed-up. They ain't goin' out like that.
- Some reef builders are hoping to get their hands on discarded harbor pilings in Dana Point. The pilings would make great reef's because they have been in the ocean for years and would require no cleaning, unlike boats. Also, "it would save the harbor restoration cost of disposing of them in another manner." Win/Win.
- Traffic Alert - The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close the north- and southbound Hollywood Freeway (US101) Highland Avenue off-ramps Sunday, February 22 from 10 a.m. to midnight. An encroachment permit has been issued by Caltrans to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the 2009 Academy Awards. (via Caltrans press release)
- Thanks to everyone who entered our contest for tickets to the LA Chamber Orchestra! The contest is over, but the discounts continue.