This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Tell your grandparents; the Senate has voted to delay the DTV transition to June 12, 2009.
- Great headline of the day comes from LA Snark - "There’s a MotherF’n chance I might talk to Samuel L. MotherF’n Jackson tonight." Help Jon out at LA Snark by suggesting questions to ask SLJ! He's going to check out the new cartoon Afro Samurai, which LAist previewed last week here.
- An LA woman is missing and Police need your help finding her. Susan Szegedi was last seen on January 20, 2009 and could be driving a Honda Civic.
- In case you're thinking you missed the bottom of the real estate market, think again. Forecasters from Beacon Economics told home builders last night that the "bottom" might be toward the end of 2011.
- Of course its come to selling our fluids... It was just a matter of time before someone reported on it.
- Remember, tonight is first night of the big Homeless Count and volunteers are needed! Sign up now!
- Laguna Beach is known for housing the elite not for drunkards littering the street. One man was found Saturdaysleeping on a mattress outside a home in the 500 block of Ramona Avenue. The man, Maurice Cordell Fletcher, 34, of Lake Forest, starting swinging at officers when waking up and was then arrested for arrested on failing to register as a sex offender, suspicion of assault on an officer, resisting arrest and initially providing officers with a false name.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.