Noonish Newsish and it's already Wednesday
- The heatwave that has graciously broken could have lead to25 deaths here
- Republican congressman Paul Gilmour of Ohio found dead in his apartment in DC
- Shaq is filing for divorce from his wife of five years. Together the couple had four children: Shareef, 7, Amirah, 5, Shaqir, 4, and Me'Arah, 1
- 400 court interpreters are on strike from San Luis to Santa Barbara to LA counties, any chance they're all just standing outside of the courthouses flipping the bird?
- Speaking of stinky fingers, the LA Times today has an
ad story about how the LA Times will run a scratch and sniff ad. Correctly, the headline begins with "Marketing ploy..."
- George Bush admits that he cries, "I do tears." All the way to the bank.
- Anna Nicole's baby daddy Larry Birkhead hits the I'm Not Gay media tour
- Matt Drudge booted off the air, Bill Cunningham "voice of the common man" in
- Wait... The Pig closed? Noooooo
- Dorm fight between two teenage girls at the University of Arizona leads to one dead
photo by Jordon via flickr