Extra, Extra: Don't Even Try Flying Your Drones Over The Rose Parade
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- No, this isn't part of the plot of a new National Treasure movie. Nicolas Cage had to return a dinosaur skull he bought for $276,000 to the Mongolian government after finding out it was illegally taken from the country.
- Find out the English meaning of La Brea Avenue and other popular Spanish-language street names in Los Angeles.
- If you're planning on using your drones at the Rose Parade, don't. Police are asking parade-goers to leave the drones at home.
- There's a stock photo company focused on marijuana that's hosting more than your average stoner stereotype or cannabis leaves snapshots.
- Big news in the food world. Bill Chait, the founder of Sprout Restaurant Group that helms an A-list roster of restaurants like Bestia and Republique, split from the company.
- Let's talk about some serious Star Wars fans. One guy sat through nine showings of The Force Awakens, clocking in a total of 46 hours at a theater.
- Actor Brooke McCarter (aka Paul from The Lost Boys) died at the age of 52 today.
- We're loving these famous album covers recreated in Star Wars themes. The swimming baby on the Nirvana Nevermind cover replaced with Yoda is a nice touch.
- If you're a fan of the crazy art and furniture behind Pee-Wee's Playhouse, you can see the artists behind the epic TV show give a talk about their wild work at USC next month.
- And finally, here's a Pomeranian who knows the best way to escape:
LOL ! ! ! OWNERS MADE IT TO KEEP ME INSIDE...
Posted by Best animal videos on Sunday, December 20, 2015