LAPD Announces DUI Checkpoints for Cinco de Mayo
It's almost May 5, and we all know what that means: an excuse to get annihilated as we remember Mexico's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862!
As you celebrate the strength of the armed forces of our neighbors to the south, bear in mind that our very own protectors and defenders will also be out in full force on this special day -- LAPD has announced some of its planned DUI checkpoints for Cinco de Mayo and the days leading up to it.
In a statement, the department identified the following spots as places that, beginning today, you will get pulled over and checked for excessive tequila on the breath:
May 3, 2012 (Thursday)
- DUI Saturation Patrol in Van Nuys Area from 6 PM to 2 AM
May 4, 2012 (Friday)
- Sobriety Checkpoint at Vermont Avenue and 6th Street in Olympic Area from 7 PM to 3 AM
- Sobriety Checkpoint at Hollywood Boulevard and Gower Street in Hollywood Area from 7 PM to 3 AM
May 5, 2012 (Saturday)
- Sobriety Checkpoint at Cahuenga Boulevard and Broadlawn Drive in North Hollywood Area from 7 PM to 3 AM
May 6, 2012 (Sunday)
- DUI Saturation Patrol in 77th Street Area from 12 to 8 PM
- Sobriety Checkpoint at Imperial Highway and Main Street in Southeast Area from 7 PM to 3 AM.