This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Joe Biden Is In Town: Here Are The Streets To Avoid
America's crazy Uncle Vice President Joe Biden is in town, speaking at West Los Angeles College this morning and tomorrow at the Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit in Irvine.Naturally he brought traffic and the Santa Ana winds with him. Here's the streets the LAPD says people in West L.A. should avoid today and tomorrow:
Friday, January 23:
- Jefferson Boulevard and the South 405 Freeway
- Jefferson Boulevard and Overland Avenue
- Overland Drive and Freshman Drive
- Westwood Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard
- Wilshire Boulevard and Rodeo Drive
Saturday, January 24:
7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Wilshire Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard
- Santa Monica and the North 405 Freeway
8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Pass Avenue and the 134 Freeway, Burbank
- Verdugo Avenue and Hollywood Way, Burbank
- Hollywood way and Vanowen Street, Burbank
- Vineland and Sherman Way, Burbank