Extra, Extra: Plane Makes Emergency Landing Onto Highway
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- R.I.P. Natalie Cole. Friends and family paid their respects to the late singer during her funeral services today at the West Angeles Church of God.
- Things didn't go too well for a man who got busted for apparently stealing 7,500 pounds-worth of candy and then making his garage into a candy store.
- Drivers were surprised when a plane made an emergency landing onto a highway in Ventura County today.
- A snake thief made the most daring move: he went to a pet store and stuffed a python down his pants.
- It's the end of an era as KFWB has been sold to soon become a foreign-language station. But back in the day—March 10,1968 to be exact—the radio station sounded a lot different than it does today.
- A FedEx mix-up led to a British man receiving a horrifying sample of a human tumor instead of the Kindle he ordered.
- Famous soccer team Paris Saint-Germain wants rapper M.I.A. to stop wearing their jersey.
- If Soylent grosses you out, how about Soylent-based cocktails?
- The Cincinnati Zoo is paying homage to a great, by naming its new baby penguin after the late David Bowie.
- It's official: Creed filmmaker Ryan Coogler will direct Marvel's Black Panther.