Extra, Extra: Plane Makes Emergency Landing Onto Highway
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- R.I.P. Natalie Cole. Friends and family paid their respects to the late singer during her funeral services today at the West Angeles Church of God.
- Things didn't go too well for a man who got busted for apparently stealing 7,500 pounds-worth of candy and then making his garage into a candy store.
- Drivers were surprised when a plane made an emergency landing onto a highway in Ventura County today.
- A snake thief made the most daring move: he went to a pet store and stuffed a python down his pants.
- It's the end of an era as KFWB has been sold to soon become a foreign-language station. But back in the day—March 10,1968 to be exact—the radio station sounded a lot different than it does today.
- A FedEx mix-up led to a British man receiving a horrifying sample of a human tumor instead of the Kindle he ordered.
- Famous soccer team Paris Saint-Germain wants rapper M.I.A. to stop wearing their jersey.
- If Soylent grosses you out, how about Soylent-based cocktails?
- The Cincinnati Zoo is paying homage to a great, by naming its new baby penguin after the late David Bowie.
- It's official: Creed filmmaker Ryan Coogler will direct Marvel's Black Panther.