ICYMI: Shocking Article Says Silver Lake Is Fancy
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Breaking: Silver Lake is fancy.
- Rihanna will be playing Marion Crane, Janet Leigh's character in Psycho, in the upcoming (and final) season of Bates Motel, the TV series that acts as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock's classic. This should be interesting! As The Hollywood Reporter notes, this is Rih Rih's biggest acting role thus far, and that she's a yuge fan of the show.
- The WNBA has decided *not* to fine the players who protested in favor of Black Lives Matter by wearing black t-shirts in lieu of regular warm-ups.
- Some good news for once: Peaches are in season, which means Glendora's beloved Donut Man is serving up their famous peach donuts. Get 'em while they're hot.
- Join New York's Rembert Browne on his quest to find the Secret John Boehner Warehouse Party at the RNC.
- On this day in 1966, actor Montgomery Clift was found dead in his bedroom in New York City. Here's a great read about Clift's "lonely life, ferocious talent, and tragic decline" from Vanity Fair.
- Former Dodger Mike Piazza will be immortalized in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. Love you. Remember this?