ICYMI: Mysterious Purple Orb Found Off Channel Islands Probably Aliens
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- What do you think this mysterious purple orb scientists found in the depths off the Channel Islands is? Probably aliens.
- In more comforting news about the ocean, scientists have discovered a new species of whale.
- The ultimate Bernie Bro: watch Bernie Sanders' own brother cast a delegate vote for the Vermont senator. You'll need a tissue, like Bernie does.
- Ghostbusters director Paul Feig is making a film adaptation of an Elle magazine article that is being added to our reading list: "Supermodel Snowpocalypse."
- Smash Mouth is back and they've gone EDM.
- It's like playing GTA but doing it IRL: a man led police on a chase across two counties in Washington simply because he was bored.
- Via Father John Misty's Instagram, the crystal stolen from Moon Juice has spoken out.
- Prosecutors argue that Harrison Ford could have died as a result of the accident on the set of The Force Awakens.
- And finally, all these conventions have gotten us in a pretty political mood. Here's Ronald Reagan getting punched in the face by John Cassavetes (after he slaps Angie Dickinson). From Don Siegel's The Killers: