ICYMI: Someone Recreated Every Shot Of 'Blade Runner' Using Microsoft Paint
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A growing list of fashion designers are moving their New York Fashion Week shows to Los Angeles.
- Some valiant soul created a shot-by-shot remake of Blade Runner, using Microsoft Paint.
- On occasion of the film's 20th anniversary, ESPN dissects how Jerry Maguire "ruined the sports agency industry."
- In sadly unsurprisingly but still deeply upsetting news, America's public libraries have become the unlikely target of a surge in hate crimes.
- Despite having been dead for more than two centuries, Mozart bested both Beyoncé and Drake in CD sales this year (caveat: it's sort of a due to a technicality in how Billboard tallies their figures).
- Here is Allen Ginsberg reading his 1956 poem "America," written 60 years ago and yet still as achingly relevant as ever: