This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Adam McKay To Direct Dick Cheney Biopic
By Jonah Rosenbaum
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- After his off-the record "firing squad/meeting" with assorted media elites, Donald Trump sat down with the New York Times. Among the highlights were our soon to be Supreme Leader's admission that climate change is "real and not a hoax," and—do sit down for this one—"there is some connectivity" between humans and climate change. Only time will tell if this breakthrough will trickle down to his E.P.A. head.
- For those who think it might be fun to one day smile again, The Big Short's Adam Mckay has announced plans to make a Dick Cheney biopic.
- Dan Diamond of Politico did a quick breeze through President-elect Trump's post-election Twitter and found 12 tweets trashing the media, four railing against the bullying and bigotry of the Hamilton cast, and zero denouncing the bullying and bigotry of bullies and bigots.
- The Detroit Pistons have finalized plans to move into a new taxpayer-funded arena. But don't worry, they'll just be paying for it with taxpayer money previously allocated for Detroit Public Schools.
- Hillary Clinton's popular vote lead has surpassed1.7 million ballots and counting.
- And, on that note: activists are privately lobbying the Clinton campaign to challenge election results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. The group believes "they've found persuasive evidence that results (in the three states) may have been manipulated or hacked."
- Here's a cool video to watch while the world burns:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.