This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: 'Blade Runner 2049' Was Initially Four Hours Long
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Blade Runner sequel was too long, you say? Just be glad that it got edited down from its original four hours.
- Actual witches tell us about the witch movies they enjoy watching.
- The destruction brought on by the Northern California wildfires led to $3 billion (at least) in insured losses.
- Researchers are using A.I. to scan Twitter and locate areas where opioid abuse is hitting the hardest.
- L.A. is home to plenty of great Chinese restaurants. If current trends are any indication, we'll be getting more selections, which also means the quality gets an extra boost.
- Go Dodgers. Here's an old video of Dodger great Pee Wee Reese selling us some razors:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.