This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Avoid These Streets During The Hollywood Christmas Parade This Weekend
It may seem a bit early for Hollywood to be having a Christmas parade, but it's happening this Sunday, and it might mess up your commute and possibly even get your car towed if you're not careful.
The 84th annual Hollywood Christmas Parade will make its way through Hollywood streets on Nov. 29 starting at 5 p.m. It will be recorded and later televised on the CW Network on Dec. 11. This time around, magicians and entertainers Penn & Teller will be the Grand Marshals of the parade.
For folks planning on driving through Hollywood this weekend, here are the street and freeway closures:
From 12:01 AM on Saturday, Nov. 28 to Monday, Nov. 30 at 6:00 AM:
Sunday, Nov. 29:
- Hollywood Boulevard from Orange Street to Highland Avenue.
- Orange Street from Hollywood Boulevard South to the alley north of Hawthorne Avenue.
- Hollywood Boulevard from La Brea Avenue to Orange Street at 6:00 AM. Re-opens at 10:00 PM.
- Hawthorne Avenue, De Longpre Avenue, Fountain Avenue from La Brea Avenue to Highland Avenue at 1:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
- El Cerrito Place from Hollywood Boulevard to Franklin Avenue at 1:00 PM. Re-opens at 8:00 PM.
- Sycamore Street, Orange Street from Franklin Avenue to Fountain Avenue at 1:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
- Sunset Boulevard from La Brea Avenue to Highland Avenue at 1:00 PM. Re-opens at 10:00 PM.
- East side of La Brea Avenue from Hollywood Boulevard to Sunset Boulevard at
4:00 PM. Re-opens at 7:00 PM.
- Highland Avenue from Franklin Avenue to Santa Monica Boulevard at 3:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
- Hollywood Boulevard from Highland Avenue to Gower Street at 4:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
- Vine Street from Franklin Avenue to Santa Monica Boulevard at 4:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
- Sunset Boulevard from Highland Avenue to Gower Street at 4:00 PM. Re-opens at 9:00 PM.
Northbound and Southbound off-ramps of Cahuenga Boulevard and Highland Avenue at the 101 Freeway will be closed Sunday, Nov. 29 at 3:00 PM. Re-opens at 10:00 P.M.
The parade route (via Hollywood Christmas Parade)
And then there are the parking restrictions over the weekend, according to City News Service. Make sure you don't park your cars in these areas, unless you want to get towed. And if you're one of the unlucky ones that does get towed, you can check online here to find your car. Though, you'll most likely find it at the official police garage at Hollywood Tow, located at 1015 N. Mansfield Ave.
From midnight Saturday, Nov. 28 morning to 6 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30:
From 6 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 28 to midnight Sunday, Nov. 29 night:
- Hollywood Boulevard between Highland Avenue and Orange Drive;
- Orange between Hollywood Boulevard and Hawthorne Avenue; and
- Sycamore Avenue between Franklin and Hawthorne avenues.
- Hollywood Boulevard between La Brea Avenue and Orange Drive.
From 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 28 to midnight Sunday, Nov. 29 night:
From 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 28 to midnight Sunday, Nov. 29 night:
- Hawthorne between Highland and La Brea avenues;
- Sunset Boulevard between Highland and La Brea avenues;
- De Longpre Avenue between Highland and La Brea avenues;
- Fountain Avenue between Highland and La Brea avenues;
- Lanewood Avenue between La Brea Avenue and Orange Drive;
- El Cerrito Place between Franklin and Hollywood Boulevard;
- Sycamore Avenue between Sunset Boulevard and Fountain Avenue;
- Orange between Franklin and Hollywood Boulevard;
- Orange between Hawthorne and Santa Monica Boulevard; and
- Mansfield Avenue between De Longpre and Fountain.
- Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Vine Street;
- Vine between Hollywood and Sunset boulevards;
- Sunset between Vine and Highland;
- Franklin between La Brea and Highland;
- Santa Monica Boulevard between La Brea Avenue and Gower Street;
- Highland Avenue between Franklin and Sunset;
- La Brea between Franklin and Fountain;
- Cahuenga Boulevard between Yucca Street and Hollywood Boulevard (West
Side Only); and
- Yucca Street between Gower and Argyle streets (North Side Only).