This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Hollywood Christmas Parade Street Closures
Sure it's a little cheesy, but what isn't in Hollywood?
This year the Hollywood Christmas Parade celebrates it's 75th anniversary so you've gotta give it props.
And if you live in Hollywood or plan on driving through it this weekend you should know what streets will be closed so here's the four eleven. Parade map and closures after the proverbial jump.
By the way, the parade starts at 5pm
today tomorrow and LAist recommends taking our beloved subway and getting off at either the Highland station or Vine.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
- Hollywood Blvd. from Orange to Highland at 12:01 a.m. Re-open Monday at 6:00 a.m.
- Orange from Hollywood Blvd. South to the alley north of Hawthorne. Re-open Monday at 6:00 a.m.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
- Hollywood Blvd. from LaBrea to Orange at 6:00 a.m. Re-open at 9:00 p.m.
- Hawthorne Ave., DeLongpre Ave., Fountain Ave. from LaBrea to Highland Ave. at 2:00 p.m. Re-open at 9:00 p.m.
- Lanewood Ave. from LaBrea to Orange at 2:00 p.m. Re-open at 10:00 p.m.
- El Cerrito Place from Hollywood Blvd. to Franklin Ave. at 2:00 p.m. Re-open at 8:00 p.m.
- Sycamore, Orange from Franklin Ave. to Fountain at 2:00 p.m. Re-open at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunset Blvd. from LaBrea Ave. to Highland Ave. at 2:00 p.m. Re-open at 9:00 p.m.
- East side of LaBrea from Hollywood Blvd. to Sunset Blvd. at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 6:00 p.m.
- Highland Ave. from Franklin Ave. to Santa Monica at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 9:00 p.m.
- Hollywood Blvd. from Highland Ave. to Gower at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 8:00 p.m.
- Vine Street from Franklin Ave. to Santa Monica at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunset Blvd. from Highland Ave. to Gower at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 8:00p.m.
Freeway Off Ramp Closures:
Hollywood Freeway, HWY 101
- Northbound & Southbound off ramps of Cahuenga Blvd. and Highland Ave. will be closed at 3:00 p.m. Re-open at 10:00 p.m.
No Parking Postings
On Thursday, Nov. 23, 2006, posting will began on those streets that were designated NO PARKING for Saturday, Nov. 25, Sunday Nov. 26 and Monday, Nov. 27, 2006.
photo courtesy Hollywood Chamber of Commerce