Here Are The Street Closures For Thursday And Friday's Obamajam
Hellish though Obamajams may be, you've got to admit the word "Obamajam" rolls off the tongue quite nicely; Hillaryjam just doesn't quite have the same ring.
Regardless, Obama's in town, and he's here to ruin your westside commutes. Though the administration never releases the full route of Obama's motorcade, it looks like the President will flown by helicopter from LAX to Santa Monica Airport sometime around 7 p.m, before traveling up to Bel Air for an evening fundraiser. He'll stay the night in somewhere in Westwood before hitting up Brentwood for some more money tomorrow morning. Looks like he'll fly out of Santa Monica Airport sometime around noon.
For today, LAPD recommends avoiding the following areas:
- South Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico boulevards, from 7:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between Sepulveda and Beverly Glen Boulevards, from 7:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- St. Pierre Road and St. Cloud Road between Bel Air Road and Beverly Glen Boulevard, from 7:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Sunset between Beverly Glen and Royce Drive, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Hilgard Avenue between Sunset and Weyburn Avenue, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Tiverton Avenue between Le Conte and Weyburn avenues, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
On Friday, you should steer clear of these streets:
- The area around Hilgard Avenue between Weyburn and Sunset, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sunset between Loring Avenue west to Burlingame Avenue, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Bristol Avenue between Sunset and Westboro Street, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- North Cliffwood Avenue between Westboro and Highwood streets, from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Sunset Boulevard between Bristol Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico boulevards, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Additionally, Hilgard Avenue will be closed from 4 p.m. today until 1 p.m. Friday, and Malcolm Avenue will be closed from 7 p.m. today until 1 p.m. Friday, and Cliffwood Avenue will be closed from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday.
After fundraising in Southern California, Obama will be traveling to San Francisco to get some ripe Silicon Valley money for the Democratic Party.