Heat Broke Records Again Yesterday, What's in Store for Today?
The heat wave comes to a cooler calm today, but yesterday was still a scorcher for some. Here's the breakdown from the National Weather Service:
- Downtown LA soared to 95, breaking a 1997 of 94.
- LAX hit 90, beating the record 89 of 1987.
- 97 in Burbank, which beats the 91 set in 1958.
- Woodland Hills fried at 98, one degree higher than the 1958 record.
- UCLA earned a 94, four points higher than in 1997.
Today, aforementioned areas experiencing temperatures in the 90s and high 80s will dip into the low 80s and high 70s. Come Thursday, low 70s and high 60s.