LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Governor Jerry Brown issued a hiring freeze on all state positions.
- Arlon Watson, a 22-year-old young man affiliated with a gang, was convicted in the 2009 murder of 18-year-old high school football star Dannie Farber, 18.
- A man sleeping outside a residential garage in the Monterey Hills area was accidentally struck and killed this morning by a woman who was pulling out of the parking structure.
- Culver City Unified is the latest school district to say "thanks, but no thanks" to participating in Jamie Oliver's reality TV show.
- Actor Mickey Rooney accused his stepson and stepson's wife of abuse, and has been granted protection from the two by a local court.
- After being hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai for congestive heart failure last week, Elizabeth Taylor is steadily improving.
- 55-year-old Jeffery Wayne Langford was convicted of a string of home robberies that targeted elderly women.