Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

News

Why It's Dangerous To Use Gasoline To Clean Things: OC House Explodes

gas-can.jpg
Photo by The Webhamster via Flickr
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.

Six people were hospitalized and ten others displaced after an explosion and fire in Stanton on Friday night, according to ABC Local. The single-story home on the 10000 block of Sycamore Street was "engulfed in flames and smoke" when Orange County Fire Authority units arrived at the scene.

The six adult victims, reportedly all from the same family, were taken to two area hospitals where three were listed in critical condition. Investigators said residents were apparently "using gasoline to clean up after removing carpeting and the fumes reached a pilot light, triggering the explosion and fire."