Extra, Extra: Mayor Garcetti Agrees With Criticism On #OscarsSoWhite
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The Kernel takes a look back at a comedy message board where big-name comedians like Patton Oswalt and Louis C.K. posted. Oswalt tweeted about it, "Not only is this a fascinating, lost piece of L.A. comedy history, it's also a pre-Twitter "Twitter."
- An ice cream truck driver was sadly carjacked by two men pretending to be customers.
- The Director of Policy and Programming for the Muslim Public Affairs Council gives a candid talk about how Muslims are viewed after the San Bernardino and Paris attacks.
- Santa Monica's Laemmle finally has an opening date after a year-and-a-half renovation.
- Some jerk stole the tip jar from Crème Caramel, and the owners want to catch him.
- There's a documentary about embattled Anthony Weiner, and the New York Times says there are "juicy moments."
- Mayor Eric Garcetti talked about the on the #OscarsSoWhite issue, saying "I agree with the criticism."
- We are doomed. A report finds that 10 percent of college grads think Judge Judy serves on the Supreme Court.
- Some pranks take things to the next level, like this one where folks using portable toilets were surprised with a face-to-face with Darth Vader:
Pegadinha Silvio Santos - Star Wars - O Poder da ForçaE se ao sair do banheiro você desse de cara com Darth Vader? Confira a nova pegadinha de Silvio Santos com Star Wars!
Posted by TV Jornal on Monday, January 18, 2016