This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photos: Grand Central Market Launches Later Hours & New Dishes For Summer
Grand Central Market is welcoming summer with later hours and a number of special menu items and night-time programming. There's no need to rush downtown to the Market before sunset for the next couple of months; in fact, it sounds like a great nighttime destination of its own.
Throughout the summer, Grand Central Market will now remain open until 10 p.m., and will feature daily and weekly specials, including:
- Happy Hour from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tuesday Trivia at 8 p.m.
- Outdoor film screenings on Horse Thief BBQ's patio on Thursdays at 8 p.m. The schedule includes:
June 8, Dazed and Confused
June 15, Slacker
June 22, Bottle Rocket
June 29, The Last Picture Show
July 6, El Mariachi
July 13, Urban Cowboy
- Drag Queen Bingo: Live! on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 8 p.m., starting June 16.
- DJs on Fridays from 7:30—9:30 p.m.
- Live music curated by promoter Gia Hughes on Saturdays, from 8—8:45 p.m., and 9—9:45 p.m.
- Sundays from 7:30—9:30 p.m. will features jazz, Latin, roots and World Music performances.
- Free shuttles from GCM to a variety of downtown locations, including Staples Center, Disney Hall, the Music Center, Orpheum Theatre, and Theatre at Ace Hotel.
A variety of the market's eateries will offer a special night-time menu. Look for specials from Horse Thief BBQ, Knead & Co. Pasta Bar, Madcapra and The Oyster Gourmet.
Some of our favorite Market offerings include the refreshing Lavender Lemonade slush from Press Brothers Juicery; the BBQ chicken from Thai restaurant Sticky Rice, pork dishes from Belcampo Meat Co and Valerie Confections Bakery & Cafe and you can never go wrong with a scoop from McConnell's.
Golden Road Is Now Selling Beer And Pierogi At Grand Central Market
Photos: Grand Central Market Before It Became A Haven For Foodies
How to get the best eggs in town without leaving your yard.
Beautiful views aren't the only thing drawing Angelenos to the region
Gab Chabrán reflects on growing up in L.A. in a Latino home that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and the traditions they formed instead.
Oklahoma-style smash burgers and Georgian dumplings make for some excellent cheap bites in Glendale
Husband and wife Felix Agyei and Hazel Rojas combine food from their heritages, creating a marriage of West African and Filipino cooking
Baby Yoda cocktails. Boozy Dole Whips. Volcanic tiki drinks. If you can dream it, they're probably mixing it somewhere on property.