Fred 62 Vs. Boneyard Bistro: Who Has the Best Breaded Mac & Cheese?
Photos by Snack Behrens/LAist
In Los Feliz, you've got the trendy Fred 62 with their talked about Mac Daddy & Cheese Balls ($6.62) coated in "spicy breadcrumbs" (that we did not find too spicy). Over in Sherman Oaks, there is the eclectic Boneyard Bistro who serves up Fried Mac n’ Cheese ($4/$6), which are more accurately, shells. Put them face to face and who wins the battle?
Play by Play: Fred 62 vs. Boneyard Bistro
- Consistency: Mildly Gooey vs. Less Gooey
- Texture: Lightly Crisp Shell, Too Soft Inside vs. Medium Crisp Shell, Al Dente Inside
- Flavor: Traditional, No Pizazz vs. Addicting Taste
- Accessories: Ranch Dressing and sprinkled Cilantro vs. Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Next Time: Split with Friends/Maybe Order Something Else vs. Order this Again & Again
- Cold Left-Overs Test: Way Better than the Hot Version vs. Just as Good