This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
First Ever Sriracha Festival Heats Up L.A.
If there's one thing L.A. loves, it's the cock sauce. The spicy Thai condiment has become so popular in the past decade that there's even a documentary being made about it. So it's only natural that there'd be an entire festival celebrating Huy Fong's celebrated sauce known as Sriracha.
On October 27, Randy Clemens, author of "The Sriracha Cookbook" and "The Veggie-Lover's Sriracha Cookbook," will be co-hosting a festival with Joshua Lurie of Food GPS. To calm down some of the spice, there'll be libations from Eagle Rock Brewery, Beachwood BBQ & Brewing, and Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Bartender Josh Goldman (Soigné Group) and Matthew Biancaniello will mix up some creative cocktails, and Los Angeles Ale Works has created artisan ginger ale (with or without Sriracha!) for sipping on.
Here are some of the chefs who will be in attendance:
· Wesley Avila— Guerrilla Tacos
· Nadav Bashan — Bashan
· Neal Fraser — BLD, Fritzi Dog, ICDC, Redbird at Vibiana, The Strand House
· Gabe Gordon — Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
· Eric Greenspan — The Foundry on Melrose, Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese, The Roof on Wilshire
· Tai Kim — Scoops
· Esdras Ochoa & Javier Fregoso — Mexicali Taco & Co.
· Christian Page — Short Order
· Tui Sungkamee & Jazz Singsanong — Jitlada
· Chloe Tran & John Vu Cao — East Borough
· Ernesto Uchimura —Plan Check Kitchen + Bar
The event will take place at Lot 613 in DTLA's Arts District from 3-6 p.m. To purchase the $49 tickets and more info, you can visit theirsite.