Cult Dining in the USA: Which L.A. Restaurants Made the Top 100?
What makes a dining experience more cult than culinary? According to the folks at PoorTaste, there are five key components to make a dining destination "cult," and they've compiled a pretty delicious list of the Top 100 such spots across the country.The five considerations are as follows:
1. "The restaurant must have a highly devoted customer base and should appeal to locals and tourists."
2. "The food must obviously be stellar and unique enough to produce a dedicated clientele."
3. "The wait is almost always unbearable — but worth it."
4. "Multiple locations are okay, but not too many, unless they’re in another country."
5. "A single meal should be relatively cheap. Less than 20 bucks per person is ideal. Less than 10 bucks per person is better."
Los Angeles makes a pretty impressive showing in the list overall, but a really stellar showing, with seven picks in the Top 20, plus another seven from 21-100.