Food Trucks Wanted: Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs, Medical Marijuana Treats & More...
We asked what designer food trucks you thought were missing from the streets of Los Angeles and you answered with some scrumptious and salivating ideas (along with a crazy sidebar debate!). So far, here's what LAist readers have thought of. Keep them coming in the comment sections, we're sure some entrepreneurs are ready to make your dream become a tasty reality.
Ideas from LAist Readers
- A soup truck. "And not just Pho, though that would be excellent, but all sorts of soups, stews, chowders, and broths," said db. (we would like to add Chili to this list).
- Dim Sum and/or dumplings. "They NEVER go out of style," says the LAOCFoodie.
- A vegan truck, preferably from Pure Luck, the vegan pub, recommends msmerymac.
- Coffee truck. "Can we get a barista truck up and running in LA? Lattes and pastries, etc?" asks saradunham.
- Medical Marijuana with tasty snacks suggests babamoto.
- Bacon wrapped hot dogs! "I can't believe there isn't a Bacon wrapped hot dog truck yet," said Javier. "You could really give the street food an update by providing high class bacon wrapped meals on wheels. Applewood smoked Bacon wrapped artisan hotdogs don't sound good?"
- Scottish fare--Haggis and boiled meat, says Bingos Dingo.
- Paul says there needs to be "the delicious ($5-$6) gyro platter and ($3-$5) pitasandwich carts that are so plentiful in NYC."
- "Belgian Beer Truck please," says Thrasher. "Quick gangster stops, pour a pint of Westmalle then get the hell out. They could shadow Kogi - spicy pork taco and a good beer!"
- halal chicken and rice, djjewelz suggests.
- And a gnocchi/gnudi truck, the LAOCFoodie adds in.
Read our full list of twittering food trucks here.