Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

News

Family Saved from House Fire by Good Samaritans

fire_alarm.jpg
Photo by Eleets121 | ryanmsteele.com via the LAist Featured Photos pool
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.

A family in Cypress was saved from their home by Good Samaritans after a fire broke out last night, reports KTLA.

The fire started on the 5000 block of Citation Avenue in the home of Jonnard Albayalde while he was at work and his family was inside. It was reportedly initiated at around midnight in the attic when a propane tank burst, and it quickly spread throughout the rest of the house.

Two young men who live nearby told KTLA that they were afraid a gas pipe explosion would be next, so they helped the family to safety.

The house, which was being renovated, might be considered a total loss.