This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Your Tattoo Might Not Be That Original
- The city might ask property owners to “tax themselves" in order to pay for $1.5 billion worth of sidewalk repairs.
- A kitten holed up in someone's bumper to escape four attacking dogs, and wound up surviving that as well as a ride to work with the car's owner.
- A state of emergency has been declared in Plumas, Shasta and Tehama counties due to fires.
- One in five Americans has a tattoo.
- L.A. is getting closer to banning the sales of pets in pet stores.
- USC upped police presence and security as students began moving onto campus today.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).