This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Woman Injured In Christopher Dorner Hunt Gets $4.2 Million Settlement
- The chief of the LA Fire Department has apologized for tweeting a photo of himself posing with people wearing sombreros and fake mustaches in front of a taco truck.
- New video may show Michael Hastings' car running a red light before crashing and going up in flames.
- UC Irvine has ranked number 5 among the best colleges under 50 years old.
- The City Council has agreed to a $4.2 million settlement for the woman who was injured during the hunt for Christopher Dorner.
- FishbowlLA has closed down indefinitely.
- A wrong-way driver is accused of causing a 14-car pile-up on Monday.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood
@LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).