This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Winnie Cooper is Single Again
- A local woman is undertaking one of the most grueling endurance races in the country.
- HazMat officers were called in when a balloon filled with flour burst open on a school bus.
- An independent report is criticizing the use of force by officers at UC Berkeley when dealing with Occupy protesters last year.
- Brian Banks, exonerated of a kidnapping/rape charge from ten years ago, will go on the "Tonight Show" tonight.
- The small town of Idyllwild will soon consider electing a dog as its mayor.
- Danica McKellar -- Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years" has filed for divorce.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).