Extra, Extra: Why 'Girls' Isn't Like 'Sex and the City'
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A fake Facebook page lead a mom to believe that her 7-year-old son had been killed.
- A Bakersfield man who threatened to "go off like Colorado" in a movie theater has been sentenced to probation and anger management classes.
- UCLA and USC are tied in the U.S. News and World Report rankings.
- An Arcadia High School is on lockdown after a potential bomb threat.
- Work on a 40-story tower in DTLA might start as soon as April.
- Sarah Jessica Parker contends that "Girls" is not much like "Sex and the City" at all.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).