This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: What's The Future of Weed in Los Angeles?
- The parents of a 15-year-old girl who died at the Electric Daisy Rave have reached a settlement with the venue and the promoter.
- Nine people were hurt when a pickup truck ran into a group of high school students in Riverside.
- LA County's Child Support Services Department is moving from Palmdale to Lancaster.
- Various proposed citywide bans on medical marijuana are moving forward.
- A Ladera Heights man was given several life sentences for a high-speed chase that led to the death of a pedestrian.
- A nudist resort in Palm Springs has banned children.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).